Provision CARES Proton therapy Center - Radiation Therapist 2nd Shift
Provision Healthcare inspires hope with a plan through an integrated team of cancer specialists leading the fight against cancer together. We provide world-class cancer care through a collaboration of practices to ensure that each and every patient receives the best and most efficient care. Our qualified team of doctors work together to create an integrated treatment plan for each and every patient. At Provision, leading cancer specialists take advantage of the most advanced technologies to achieve successes in treating many types of cancer.
We are currently seeking a 2nd Shift Radiation Therapist. The Radiation Therapist is part of the radiation oncology treatment team, and works closely with the physics and dosimetry departments to deliver highly accurate doses of radiation to patients as prescribed by the radiation oncologist. The Radiation Therapist’s primary goal is to deliver radiation to the patient while assessing for changes, evaluating for accuracy, and effectively communicating with patients, patient’s families, and teammates. The Radiation Therapist is required to maintain a high level of professionalism and excel at patient care.
• Regularly perform radiation therapy treatments as prescribed by the radiation oncologist.
• Regularly perform treatment simulations as indicated by the radiation oncologist.
• Daily warm up and performance checks of simulation and treatment delivery equipment.
• Schedule patient treatments.
• Fabricate treatment devices for patient immobilization and beam shaping in accordance with patient treatment plans.
• Regularly perform new start/ weekly/ adaptive plan chart checks in accordance with ACRO chart check standards.
• Accurately document the patient treatment process.
• Accurately register patient films for physician review.
• Participate in the quality/process improvement process.
• Interact in an open, cooperative manner as a team member with all co-workers to create a positive work climate and promote high-level professionalism in delivering patient care.
• Graduate of a JCERT accredited Radiation Therapy program.
• Registered radiation therapist licensure granted by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologist (ARRT), which is up to date and in good standing.
• BLS for Healthcare certified.
• Proficient in Radiation Physics
• Trained in EMR/Excel/Word/Introductory IT skills
• Ability to problem solve
• Strong communication and time management skills
Physical Demand/ Work Environment:
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, listen, and communicate effectively. The employee may be required to assist in patient lifts, walk, sit, stand, crouch, and climb stairs, and carry heavy objects for short distances (up to 40 lbs).
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
• This job operates in a professional clinic environment. Employees will be working with therapeutic and diagnostic radiation equipment, as well as standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and photocopiers.
• Routine cleanliness of work environment is essential and expected.
Our employees enjoy an excellent benefits package, including medical/dental/vision insurance, disability, 401(k), paid time off, paid holidays, etc. We have a beautiful campus located off of Middlebrook Pike in Dowell Springs.