ProNova Solutions – Senior Maintenance and Service Engineer
ProNova Solutions, LLC is seeking a Senior Maintenance and Service Engineer. This position will be involved with the installation, maintenance, and repair of the ProNova Proton Therapy System (SC360) in compliance with the company’s Quality, Regulatory, Safety and budgetary requirements. This position will also be responsible for achieving and maintaining system availability and customer satisfaction targets as established by the company’s Customer Solutions
- Assists the Installation team with system installation and commissioning of the SC360 Device
- Performs system operation, maintenance, and participate in site escalations that require field service dispatch from the factory.
- Follow Service Ticket procedures to document work done, parts used, and time spent to aid with service metric calculations.
- Support site Updates and Upgrades to the device.
- Perform troubleshooting tasks on complex integrated systems including: Cyclotron (and supporting systems), control systems, control signals, power supplies, power distribution, vacuum systems, and deionized chilled water systems.
- Perform software/firmware updates as required.
- Ensures Services team compliance with EH&S and Radiation Safety protocols.
- Bachelor’s degree from college, technical school, or university in an Electrical/Mechanical Engineering discipline; or minimum of ten years of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proven Electrical and Mechanical skills and ability to troubleshoot complex systems, including power distribution, power supplies, controllers, chilled water distribution and other Electrical/Mechanical equipment.
- Previous experience installing and/or servicing complex medical devices preferred.
- Previous experience maintaining high voltage and high current power supplies and circuits.
- Previous experience with basic Windows Services, Microsoft file systems, basic networking (collisions, ping, netstat, vlan, security (sonic firewall) tracert), DICOM config (ports, AE’s, basic, troubleshooting, services) a plus.
- Experience with CT Imaging or other medical imaging preferred.
- Very strong written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of FDA and ISO Quality System Regulations for Medical Devices preferred.
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings.
- Excellent documentation skills and proven background with data collection, daily logs of system testing, system failures, and repair procedures.
- Excellent presentation skills and ability to clearly convey complex topics to a diverse audience including senior management.
Work Environment / Travel
- Strict adherence to safety rules and regulations at all times including following SOPs, wearing safety glasses, ear plugs, steel-toed shoes and full body safety harnesses.
- Oftentimes working in a high magnetic field (Individuals with pacemakers, auto defibrillators or similar implanted devices are physically disqualified from this position.)
- Working in building construction and clinical environments
- Occasionally working in high radiation fields
- Working in a high tempo stressful environment
- Physical activities including standing, walking, sitting and lifting.
- Working on scaffolding may be required
- Candidate must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- May be required to work extended hours during the day or night
- Shift work will be required depending on installation or patient schedules
- Required to Travel 5 – 10% annually