ProNova Solutions – Maintenance & Service Manager
ProNova Solutions, LLC is looking for a Maintenance & Service Manager. This position will lead a team of service engineers during installation, maintenance and service of the ProNova Proton Therapy System (SC360) in compliance with our Quality, Regulatory and budgetary requirements. The manager will be responsible for achieving and maintaining system availability and customer satisfaction targets as established by the company’s Customer Solutions. This position will also be responsible for planning and coordinating site activities in addition to ensuring safety protocols are followed at all times.
- Manages the M & S Team in support of the Installation Team during the system installation and commissioning of the SC360 Device
- Manages site escalations that require field service dispatch from the factory.
- Ensures service ticket procedures are followed properly and promptly.
- Manages site updates and upgrades to the device.
- Manages troubleshooting tasks on complex integrated systems including: Cyclotron (and supporting systems), control systems, control signals, power supplies, power distribution, vacuum systems, and deionized chilled water systems.
- Manages software/firmware updates as required.
- Ensures M & S Team is compliant with EH&S and radiation safety protocols.
- Develops annual budgets and on-going forecasts to monitor the financial performance of the M & S Team.
- Develops clear goals and objectives for the M & S Team and routinely monitors, analyzes and reports the team’s performance including corrective actions to address adverse trends.
- Meets or exceeds M & S budgetary and other performance targets.
- Bachelor’s degree from college, technical school, or university in an Electrical/Mechanical Engineering discipline; or minimum of ten years of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proven Management leading a team responsible for maintaining and servicing complex medical equipment.
- Proven Electrical and Mechanical skills and ability to troubleshoot complex systems, including power distribution, power supplies, controllers, chilled water distribution and other Electrical/Mechanical equipment.
- Previous experience installing and/or servicing complex medical devices preferred.
- Previous experience maintaining high voltage and high current power supplies and circuits.
- Experience with CT Imaging or other medical imaging preferred.
- Very strong written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of FDA and ISO Quality System Regulations for Medical Devices preferred.
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings.
- Excellent documentation skills and proven background with data collection, daily logs of system testing, system failures, and repair procedures.
- Excellent presentation skills and ability to clearly convey complex topics to a diverse audience including senior management.
- Proven ability to lead and manage a diverse team of highly-skilled engineers.
Work Environment / Travel
- Strict adherence to safety rules and regulations at all times including following SOPs, wearing safety glasses, ear plugs, steel-toed shoes and full body safety harnesses
- Oftentimes working in a high magnetic field (Individuals with pacemakers, auto defibrillators or similar implanted devices are physically disqualified from this position.)
- Working in building construction and clinical environments
- Occasionally working in high radiation fields
- Working in a high tempo stressful environment
- Physical activities including standing, walking, sitting and lifting
- Working on scaffolding may be required
- Candidate must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- May be required to work extended hours during the day or night
- Required to Travel 10 – 15% annually