ProNova Solutions – Accountant I
SUMMARY OF POSITION: Responsible for the maintenance and accuracy of accounting data, managing the accounts payable process, fixed assets and cash management.
1. Accounts Payable
- Verifying the accuracy of invoices and other accounting documents or records.
- Obtaining approval for all expenditures.
- Updating and maintaining accounting journals, ledgers and other records detailing financial business transactions (e.g., disbursements, expense vouchers, deposits, and accounts payable).
- Entering data into the computer system using Microsoft Dynamics GP.
- Preparing payments by accruing expenses; assigning account numbers; requesting disbursements; and reconciling accounts.
- Coding and tracking expenses for various company projects.
- Reconciling credit card statements to the approved support.
- Calculating and submitting various electronic payments and payroll related liabilities.
- Compiling data and preparing a variety of reports and analysis.
- Recommending actions to resolve discrepancies.
- Investigating questionable data.
2. Cash Management
- Determining the opening bank account balances.
- Identifying the daily cash flows from varied transactions.
- Reconciling bank accounts and determining cash needs.
3. Fixed Assets
- Maintaining Fixed Assets and associated depreciation schedules in Microsoft Dynamics GP.
- Providing monthly details to the Controller for General Journal entries.
- Insuring proper recording of new purchases and disposals.
- Conducting periodic inventory counts of the fixed asset accounts reconciling these counts back to GP.
- Preparing and analyzing various account reconciliations.
- Assisting with payroll processing.
- Developing and implementing accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures; recommending changes.
- Answering accounting and financial questions though research and interpreting data.
- Protecting the organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Updating job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishing accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related area.
- 1-2 years of previous experience
- Excellent computer skills – must know MS Office products, especially Excel
- Experience in Microsoft Dynamics a plus
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written